BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

How can i change the date format on the graph in forecasting view and the range? for example i would it to be Jan 13 instead of 01/01/2013 and also i am forecasting up to march 2016 but on the graph it shows up to Jun 2016 fir some reason (dates up to June no data points)

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
rajib_nath
SAS Employee

It is possible to change the format of Time ID. From inside the project select, Project > Forecasting Settings. This will open the "Forecasting Settings" dialog. A screenshot is also attached for help.

In the "Forecasting Settings" dialog select the "Time ID" card on the left hand side. This will show you all the settings related to Time ID. There is "Format" field and associated Edit button, click on the Edit button which will bring up "Edit Time ID Format" dialog. Choose the "Select from list" radio button. You can select various types of time ID formats including MONYY which you are looking for.

Press OK in all dialogs to save your choice. Once you are back to project, you will be able to see the format on every view of Forecast Server. Let me know if it helps.

Regarding the data truncation issue, the forecasts begin after the last non missing date for the dependent variable and it is same for the whole project. Need to check the last date against the dependent variable. If you still see the issue can you share the data with me?

Regards,

Capture.PNG
mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

i tried it but it doesnt really work it messes up the dates (Jul13Jul etc.) see attached and u can also see how the graph goes further into dates we dont have forecasts (after march16)

rajib_nath
SAS Employee

What you are seeing is very strange indeed. Unfortunately I can not help you more unless i have more information. I would suggest you to open a tech support track for the issue you are seeing.

What does the raw data look like? I am specifically interested in the time ID column. The periodicity you are trying to generate your forecasts? a snapshot of the data may help.

Regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation