BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CP_David
Calcite | Level 5
Hello gurus,

I am wondering if someone can shed some light into this for me. Every month, we load some new Macro Ecomonic indications to our input dataset for the projects. These indicators form a set of available variable for our forecasters to select into the independent variables. My question is, how do these independent variable impact the overal forecast models? What sort of logic or calculation is done in the background? Any insights are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
David
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi David,

I don't know the answer , but I have the same question, actually.

Where do you get the macro Economic Indicators ? Is there any free online sources ?

Thanks,
Jeannie
udo_sas
SAS Employee
David -
There are 2 types of model families which allow you to include independent variables in SAS Forecast Server:
a) ARIMAX
b) UCM
You will find a brief overview of how these techniques work in this whitepaper: "Large-Scale Automatic Forecasting Using Inputs and Calendar Events" - available here:http://www.sas.com/reg/wp/corp/3478

More details are provided in SAS online help.
--Udo

Message was edited by: udo@sas

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation