BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bluesky
Fluorite | Level 6

I'd like to apply a custom transformation (for example, the inverse hyperbolic sine function) to the dependent variable before the models are run to generate forecasts in Forecast Studio. 

However, I'd also like to be able to see the usual graphs / forecasts etc in Studio showing the untransformed variable (or re-transformed back to the original scale) variable.

Is there a way to do this?

Right now, it looks like the transformations available in Studio don't allow for any customization (you either take whatever's provided by Studio -- E.g. Box-Cox, log etc -- or nothing at all)?

I can of course go ahead and load a dataset with the transformed dependent variable into Studio but then all the graphs etc generated will just be based on that and there's no way to see them on the original scale.

I am somewhat familiar with Studio's batch code as well -- so, if there's any way to do it through that, I'd greatly appreciate any pointers. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitrov
SAS Employee

I can't think of a way to do that in the UI. If you provide a data set with transformed variables you can use a report to display the untransformed data. However you have to write the code for that. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mitrov
SAS Employee

I can't think of a way to do that in the UI. If you provide a data set with transformed variables you can use a report to display the untransformed data. However you have to write the code for that. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation