BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

Can you export the results( forecasts and confidence intervals ) easy from SAS FS? Up to now i only saw the copy paste but its one by one and if you have a lot of models it doesnt make sense.

I have SAS Forecast Studio for desktop. 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rainxi
SAS Employee

Actually, the naming convention is pretty consistent from project to project. Once you find the root path (e.g. C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects), you can assign the SAS libname in Base SAS or SAS EG or whatever SAS client you'd like to use for each level of the hierarhy and for each project. For example, I have the following two projects and their associated hierarchy,

Project1:regionName; productLine; productName

Project2: no hiearchy 

libname p1l0 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\top";

libname p1l1 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\regionName";

libname p1l2 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\productLine" 

libname p1l3 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\productName";

libname p2    "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project2\hierarchy\leaf";

Hope these help answering your question. 

Thanks,

Rain

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mitrov
SAS Employee

All results are kept in SAS dataset in the project folders. The location of the project depends on you install but it is likely to be something like this C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1

In each level of the hierarchy you can find the data sets for that level. OUTFOR contains the model forecasts. RECFOR the reconciled forecasts and FINALFOR the final forecasts.

rainxi
SAS Employee

Hi

You can follow the steps below to find out the location of the output SAS tables:

1. Open the SAS Forecast Studio project

2. Select File - > Project Properties: the Location shows the path to the folder where the output SAS tables are stored

The OUTFOR table has the forecasts and the associated CI, while the FINALFOR table has the final forecasts and the associated CI (i.e. the results after reconciliation and manual overrides if there is any).

Thanks,

Rain

mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8

thank you i was able to find the sas tables. I have one additional question, so these tables are store as TMP.finalfor, so the way i went about it was open the table in sas base then create a library in SAS and store it there but i have to that for every hierarchy and then i have 4 different forecast projects so i have to do this 12 times. Is there a more efficient way to do this?

rainxi
SAS Employee

Actually, the naming convention is pretty consistent from project to project. Once you find the root path (e.g. C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects), you can assign the SAS libname in Base SAS or SAS EG or whatever SAS client you'd like to use for each level of the hierarhy and for each project. For example, I have the following two projects and their associated hierarchy,

Project1:regionName; productLine; productName

Project2: no hiearchy 

libname p1l0 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\top";

libname p1l1 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\regionName";

libname p1l2 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\productLine" 

libname p1l3 "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project1\hierarchy\productName";

libname p2    "C:\SAS\Forecast\Lev1\AppData\SASForecastServer14.1\Projects\Project2\hierarchy\leaf";

Hope these help answering your question. 

Thanks,

Rain

mmyrto
Quartz | Level 8
oh thank you, that is exactly what i want to do.
mitrov
SAS Employee

If you look at the project root directory, there is a file called LIBRARIES_DECLARATION.SAS

All you need to do is to include that file into your sas program and it will create the libraries for you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation