BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lilly12
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

How can I test autocorrelation of residuals for panel data. db test of autocorrelation does not work for Proc Panel. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ets_kps
SAS Employee

Hi Lilly,

I included this information in my other reply but just in case you didn't see this, the HAC options are only available in SAS/ETS 12.1.  This version was released in August 2012. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/65545/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_panel_details3...

Please let me know if you are on 12.1 and you continue to have trouble with these options.

Thanks-Ken

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Is there any possibility you can reframe your analysis so that PROC SYSLIN could be used?

Steve Denham

Lilly12
Calcite | Level 5

Do you have any idea why the HAC option on proc panel statement is not working?

ets_kps
SAS Employee

Hi Lilly,

I included this information in my other reply but just in case you didn't see this, the HAC options are only available in SAS/ETS 12.1.  This version was released in August 2012. http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/65545/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_panel_details3...

Please let me know if you are on 12.1 and you continue to have trouble with these options.

Thanks-Ken

aland
Calcite | Level 5

Any further discussion on this topic? I too am interested in easily testing proc panel residuals for auto-correlation.

I've used proc autoreg but it can only test them one at a time.

ting1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

i am working with panel date set. I would like to test for panel stationarity, autocorrelation and cross sectiona dependence. 

From the sas manual, I found "Hadri test"that tests stationarity,"rho" tests for autocorrelation, "Breush-pagan LM" tests for cross-sectional dependence". I wonder if someone can give an example of how to use these test and how to interprate the results.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @ting1,

I suggest you start a new message with this question. It will get more attention than having it attached to an existing thread. Feel free to reference this post in your question if it relates.

Good luck,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ting1
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Shelley,

Thanks is a good suggestion. Thanks very much!

Ting

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation