BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlanC
Barite | Level 11

Let me share some info to help you understand the limitations. As a consultant, I have seen SAS installations from 1 person to over 2500 EG users. Recently, I was at a site with over 500 SAS/EG  users and 1 or 2 admins. They also had constrained computing platforms. Hence, the admins had no idea what was happening in the dozens of depts across the company.

If an EG user could just schedule jobs, the system would become quickly overloaded. If that person left, the job would continue indefinitely because it would be scheduled at the server. 

As I have mentioned to people before, you don't have to be constrained by any UI application's functionality. Use an RPA tool such as AutoHotKey and just do your manual tasks using a simulated user.

https://github.com/savian-net
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
@kschott,
Quick ways to figure out What's your SAS Server (Windows/Linux) , Submit the following in a Program Entry
1. %put _all_; *<-- Prints your SAS server automatic macro variables;
2. %put %sysfunc (pathname(WORK)); *<-- Prints the WORK library physical folder location

Look through these outputs and you should be able to figure out the nature of your SAS server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 in conversation