BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
With the new version of excel SAS nolonger seems to be able to read spreadsheets. Any suggestions on how to import an excel xlsx spreadsheet?

ODBC is currently broken and until IT can install updates to get it working again import does not know about xlsx format. I am not looking forward to saving all the spreadsheets as xls
3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You need to upgrade to SAS 9.2 Phase 2.

http://support.sas.com/kb/32/455.html
deleted_user
Not applicable
Supposedly that is included in the upgrades but everyone at SAS tech support seems to be on vacation. Our IT has called every day on this and other issues and we are still waiting (2 weeks so far).

I need a solution in the interim. While I'm waiting for SAS to help the IT administrator do the upgrade.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
As the referernced document suggests, you can convert your xlsx file to xls using Excel FILE SAVE_AS option. This would be one of a few options that are documented for your review in the SAS technical note.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation