BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Geo-
Quartz | Level 8

I want to run the programs in the order as shown in the upper picture, but everytime I want to arrange the flow directions,they all will just automatically rearrange in a line way as the below picture shows.

How do you change the order of programs in the Process flow directions? a.jpgb.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

That is very odd. This option has been there for many release. So I guess you are not clicking in the right place. Below is my screenshot from 7.13. You must right-click on the canvas, that is the (usually but not always) gridded are on which the flow nodes are drawn:

SAS Enterprise Guide.png

If you do not get this menu something else must be wrong but I don't know what that could be. Can you double check?

Regards,

-- Jan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Geo,

There are two aspects to distinguish here and it is unclear to me which one you address. Is it order of execution of display of nodes in the flow?

The order of execution of nodes in an EG project is calculated from the dependencies that exist. A dependency is automatic when a data relation exist (data output to input). But a link between nodes allows you to manually defined and will be honored when you run the flow. This allows you all control you may need. And judging from your (hard to read) photo's that is what you use. So this should be obvious to you.

The other thing is the display of the nodes on the canvas. EG will by default auto arrange the nodes so when you move them around they will jump back. You can control this. Right-click in the process flow and select Auto Arrange. Then you choose Off you can select drag any node to where you want them on the canvas. EG will no longer rearrange them for you.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

Geo-
Quartz | Level 8

thank you.I addressed the second situation you mentioned.I am using SAS Enterprise GUide 7.12 ,however "Right-click in the process flow and select Auto Arrange. "coud not work,I mean Right-click the process flow there is no auto arrange 

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

That is very odd. This option has been there for many release. So I guess you are not clicking in the right place. Below is my screenshot from 7.13. You must right-click on the canvas, that is the (usually but not always) gridded are on which the flow nodes are drawn:

SAS Enterprise Guide.png

If you do not get this menu something else must be wrong but I don't know what that could be. Can you double check?

Regards,

-- Jan

Geo-
Quartz | Level 8

OK..I see..has already done.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation