BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Djones4822
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a problem where I will open EG, run my process and let EG idle after completion for a bit (the project takes a while and I work on other things until I'm ready to return). 

However, when this happens and I let EG idle for ~10 minutes, the next action raises an error and EG stops working. The only way to resolve this is to restart EG. 

"SDS Failed to provide the SAS workspace" 

I look in the log and I see that that the connection to the workspace server fails the "IsWorkspace Alive()" test fails. 

In the logs I see:

2019-03-08 13:59:47,920 [35] ERROR SAS.EC.Directory.Model.Server [(null)] - IsWorkspaceAlive() - Test failed

. <trying authentication> 

2019-03-08 13:59:47,926 [36] ERROR SAS.EC.Directory.Model.Server [(null)] - Connection failed to <host:port>

When i look in the Object Spawner logs, I see the credentials are accepted and a connection returned. 

2019-03-08T14:24:39,862 INFO [00882728] :<user>- New client connection (76694) accepted from server port 8591 for user <user>. Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASProprietary. Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:<client ip>]:<seemingly random port> for APPNAME=SAS Enterprise Guide.

Does anyone know why this would be happening or where I should look next? 

2 REPLIES 2

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation