BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
agustiawan
Fluorite | Level 6

Does anyone know, what happened to the pop-up selection message box asking if you wanted to replace your results from the previous process run in SAS Enterprise Guide 8.2?

Currently in 8.2, if you re-run a process, the "new" process run will automatically replace the previous task results.

In 7.1, you were given an option to either replace the results from the previous run by selecting "Yes" or saving the changes to a new task by selecting "No".

Are u sure.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You or somebody else changed the setting in Options under 'Results General' to 'replace without prompting'
KDG
SAS Employee KDG
SAS Employee

The default in 8.2 now is to replace results. If you want to change that, then go to tools->options->results.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

agustiawan
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your reply. Could you please indicate as to what exactly needs to be changed after I navigate to tools->options->results?

I followed your instructions as advised and couldn't find anything to change that would change the default.

Results.PNG

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It is my understanding that option no longer exists in EG 8.2.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, we intentionally removed the "Replace results" prompt (and associated option) in EG 8.1, since for many users it was unnecessary (even annoying) to prompt them every time they re-ran a node. We could have just changed the default option to "Always replace" (and maybe should have), but opted to remove altogether, thinking that the vast majority of the time folks want to replace previous results. And the fewer times they don't, they can explicitly copy/paste.

Casey

lhere1
Calcite | Level 5

How can we re-enable this option? I understand some people did not need it, but some of us did use it and would like to continue in 8.2. Is there a work-around?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@lhere1  - If you want this functionality reinstated then I suggest you raise a SASware ballot request: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Currently, there is not a way to re-enable this option.  It was removed in EG 8.1.  It would have to be added back in a future release.  In the meantime, you can avoid replacing previous results by explicitly copy/pasting.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Casey

Rajesh3030
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I would have expected more better option from SAS rather just removing for few section of users. Please have the option back 

agustiawan
Fluorite | Level 6

I have ran in to multiple situations (along with multiple members of my team) where that feature is needed.

Is it not possible to allow the user to make the decision to turn this feature on/off as an option?

Quentin
Super User

Ahh, the life of a developer.  Reminds me of an XKCD classic, where every change breaks someone's workflow: https://xkcd.com/1172/ .

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 8 in conversation