BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Forum,

I've tried to find one but I can't seem to locate an End to End user manual for EG 4.3.

Can anyone suggest where I can download a softcopy?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I don't know if such a guide exists, but if not then you can purchase the Course books for the subject area you're interested in.  Generally, a user won't use all the functionality of EG, so is there a particular area/set of tasks you're interested in?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

I'm not sure that such a thing exists. SAS has a list of Enterprise Guide 4.3 documentation at the link below:

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/

There are also tons of resources, tips, tricks, and techniques, on SAS' website and other forums.

pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Fugue,

I've had a look at that but I can't get what I need, just the Admin Manual or bits & pieces ...

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

I believe the user guides for SAS Enterprise Guide are within the Help menu in the product.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Michelle,

Yes they are but they don't go far enough to illustrate such things as where the Fields go in the Dialogue boxes for the various Tasks.

That's the sort of thing I'm after.

Reeza
Super User

I don't know if such a guide exists, but if not then you can purchase the Course books for the subject area you're interested in.  Generally, a user won't use all the functionality of EG, so is there a particular area/set of tasks you're interested in?

pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeza,

I just want a good solid reference book for things when I get stuck.

I did a Basic SAS EG course a while ago & SAS supplied a hardcopy ref file for the subjects we studied.

Oh well...

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The online help for EG is really very good.  It's extremely detailed with all of the tasks and features.  Use the index or Search feature in the help to find what you need.  Simply access it from the Help menu in the product.

For a refresher or intro, follow the Tutorial (Help->Getting Started).  It's time well spent.

While this might sound like a shameless plug, SAS For Dummies covers quite a bit of the SAS Enterprise Guide interface as well.  It's good as a getting started guide to SAS in general -- through the EG user interface.

If you're looking for a task-oriented reference, The Little SAS Book for Enterprise Guide 4.2 is excellent.  Even though it's versioned to 4.2, it's completely usable for version 4.3.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Chris,

I'll follow those up, good suggestions, Cheers.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation