BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PoulRavn
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I use EG6.1. I build projects that gather data from various sources, including Excel files created by other people. I use the 'import'-tab of the file menu to import the Excel file the first time. This creates 2 lines in the process flow part of the project overview. When I later use the project again I want to execute all the imports, but I have found that when I use 'run process flow', then I run ALSO the associated SAS programs, which do the data treatmnet/analysis.

Is there a way to run only the imports, not the SAS programs?

Yes, I can run them individually, one by one, but I would prefer the whole thing to happen in one operation. But without the SAS program.

Thank you for your advice.

Regards

Poul

3 REPLIES 3
Quentin
Super User

I'm not a big user of process flows, but would think from what you describe, one way would be to create two separate process flows, one that does all of the Excel importing, and another that does the analysis.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Cameron
Fluorite | Level 6

If you create an Ordered List in SAS Enterprise Guide, the you can add just the specific tasks in a project flow that you want to run, and order them in the order you want to run them in.  See 26177 - Avoid Entropy with the Ordered List Using SAS Enterprise Guide

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation