BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

I've just tried updating Enterprise Guide 8.3 to the newly released 8.4:

SASKiwi_0-1711051754532.png

This is what happens:

SASKiwi_1-1711051859331.png

Just wondering if others are experiencing this problem. Both myself and a colleague have experienced the same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Our zScaler software download permission rules were updated to white list SAS websites. We can now successfully upgrade to 8.4.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I was able to update without problems (but I acknowledge that I am working under the best possible conditions for this). You might need to open a case with SAS Technical Support. If multiple people are having issues then maybe there is a problem to chase down.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

By the way, those who are curious about the new v8.4 can read about it:

Using SAS Enterprise Guide with SAS Viya 4 

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've been advised that an IT security file download policy is causing the EG file download failure. I'll post a resolution once I get a response from our security folks. 

epower
Quartz | Level 8

Any update on this? When trying to update 8.3 I keep getting it is up to date

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@epower  - If you are not seeing the update then you have a different problem. Your organisation could be blocking access to sas.com websites to check for updates. I'm still waiting for a fix for our file download problems. Our IT security folks have agreed they caused the problem...

epower
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the update. 

I will reach out to SAS Support. I can verify that I have nothing blocking on our side. 

epower_0-1712543748520.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@epower - I note you are using 32-bit EG 8.3. I'm wondering if EG 8.4 is only available as 64-bit? Maybe @ChrisHemedinger can chime in.

MarkAllemang
SAS Employee

@SASKiwi  and @epower  - EG 8.4 is available as both 32- and 64-bit.

epower
Quartz | Level 8
Turns out we needed a patch to get the update to work.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Our zScaler software download permission rules were updated to white list SAS websites. We can now successfully upgrade to 8.4.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation