BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ormis66
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!,

I am new to SAS. I installed SAS EG 7.1 64 bit successfully 7 months on my desktop and it has been working fine until now. I am unable to connect to my local server. The follow error message is shown when I try to connect.

"An unexpected error has occurred". "A connection could not be made to the requested resource"

Please Help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ormis66
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Casy,

The SAS message Log confirmed that the license has expired. I have contacted my SAS Installation representative. Thanks a million.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @ormis66,

while I would say that the problem is that you don;t have a local SAS Foundation or your license expired, I would definetely click on see additional details...

ormis66
Fluorite | Level 6

So i clicked on "Additional Details" is what i found.

Problem report created: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:23:48 PM UTC

SAS Enterprise Guide
An unexpected error has occurred
A connection could not be made to the requested resource.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception information
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server execution failed

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type:  SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException

Source:          SAS.EG.SDS.Model
Target Site:     SASWorkspace

Stack Trace:
   at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace(Boolean checkWorkspace)
   at SAS.EG.SDS.Views.View.DoPopulate(DisplayOperation& op)

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  SAS.EC.Directory.Model.SDSException

Source:          EC.Directory
Target Site:     Connect

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Source:          SASObjectManager
Target Site:     CreateObjectByServer

Stack Trace:
   at SASObjectManager.ObjectFactoryMulti2Class.CreateObjectByServer(String Name, Boolean synchronous, IServerDef pIServerDef, String LoginName, String Password)
   at SAS.EC.Directory.Model.Server.Connect(ConnectionInfo connInfo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration Details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

If you have the ability to just run SAS, do that. The initialization messages might be useful.

For instance, it used to be that if the license had expired for SAS, EG would just fail and not provide any useful diagnostics.

ormis66
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi TomKeri,

Is there a definite way to check if the license has expired? The license is suppored to be for a year.

Thank you

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Upon trying to start SAS, if your license had expired, you'll get notified immediatly, and your process terminates.

Ahmed

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
Omri -
Are you certain that the "local server" or the Metadata Server is up and running? A screenshot could be worth a thousand words in this case, but if your license is good for a year then you should check that the system (platform?) is functioning properly.
e-SAS regards,

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
see the log - Windows, I'm pretty sure given that it's EG
e-SAS regards,

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I agree with the suggestion of first trying to open your local SAS directly (ex. Start->All Programs->"SAS 9.4 (<language>)").  If it doesn't work, there is your problem.

However, if you are able to start and use local SAS fine outside of EG, but still fails to connect to Local server from within EG, then I suggest trying to re-register your local SAS by running these commands from a command window:

C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe -unregserver

C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe -regserver

If that doesn't fix the problem, then use the Integration Technologies Configuration Wizard utility (C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\Integration Technologies\ITConfig2.exe) to test a local server connection ("Test SAS Servers"->"Enter a SAS server definition manually"->ensure Currently Testing set to "SAS Workspace Server"->set connection Protocol to "COM" and press "Test" button.).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

ormis66
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Casy,

The SAS message Log confirmed that the license has expired. I have contacted my SAS Installation representative. Thanks a million.

shilpaISBCBA
Fluorite | Level 6

HEllo,

I have the same issue and when I tried reregistering the server I get the error message in the message log "membership in administrators is not present" 

What could this mean?

I have attached the stack trace of the issue.

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9

Is this Windows or Linux?

e-SAS regards,

ccaulkins9
Pyrite | Level 9
or as @ShelleySessoms and @Sas_Dummy are fond of saying if you found this track to be helpful you should consider opening posting it anew ...
e-SAS regards,

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Yes, @shilpaISBCBA@ccaulkins9 is correct. Your best bet is to post a new question with this information. It will get the attention of more folks, rather than posting to a solved question.

Best of luck,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 8 in conversation