BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

am getting an error when am trying to save project in Enterprise guide 5.1 on SAS 9.2 in SAS Foldere,it throws below error

"An unexpected error has occured while accessing the SAS Middle-tier Web services."

"Unable to access the services registry on the SAS middle-tier"

am not able to rename or delete folder after i have created under SAS Folders in EG.

I checked the permissions in the Metadata level in SAS Management console,and it has all permissions.but still not able to save.

please help.

I would really appreciate for all your help

12 REPLIES 12
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The storage location that is used is not in the metadata. The location is in the middletier (WebDAV) when that storage provider is not working you cannot use that one. That is the error message you have got. the metadata folder will be only a pinter where to find it. This also has the implication when needing backup/restore strategies you need to organize those processes on the metadata and middletier (WebDAV). Are you ready for that.?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Jaap Karman,

Thanks a lot for prompt response.

everything worked fine till couple of days back,we were able to save everything in EG under sas folders.

Its not getting saved and throwing error since from yesterday.both the dev and production are on same server.

and am able to save project in EG in production but why not Devlopmemt all of sudden.

am not getting any idea,please help.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Jaap kaarman,

I checked the content server log file, i do not see any speciifc error related to that.and i also restarted servers,but still not able to save the project.

It shows below messages from below error window,may be is it related to sas trust account expiry or any certificate error.

Message:         The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

Message:         The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Unable to access the midtier service registry
Unable to access the midtier service registry
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type:  SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.WebServicesException
Source:          EC.Directory
Target Site:     GetServices

Stack Trace:
   at SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.SASServiceRegistry.GetServices()
   at SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.SASServiceRegistry.GetURI(String service)
   at SAS.EC.Directory.Metadata.OMSProvider.GetSecuredServiceURI(String name, AuthenticationManager authMgr)
   at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.OMBase.InitDAV()
   at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.ProjectBase.Update()
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.LinkedRegisteredProjectFile.Flush(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectFile.Save(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.Save(Boolean resetModified, Boolean forRecovery)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.SaveAs(SaveAsPath sap, DNADecoder dec)
   at SAS.EG.MainForm.SaveAsProject(Boolean UseLocalPathOnly)

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.WebServicesException
Source:          EC.Directory
Target Site:     GetServices

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  System.Net.WebException
Message:         The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
Source:          System.Web.Services
Target Site:     GetWebResponse

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException
Message:         The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
Source:          System
Target Site:     StartSendAuthResetSignal

Stack Trace:
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)
   at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

KBACHU
Fluorite | Level 6

Can you try validating the SAS Content server from Management Console? Also did you check if sastrust@saspw acount is locked?

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

KBACHU

I valided the SAs content server and the validation was sucessfull and how can i check the sastrust@saspw account whether its locked ?

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Jaap Karman,

I checked the SSL certificate has not expired nor it has been renewed.

but IE browser level,I am getting an error I have installed some certificate by clicking in the certificate error on top right of the browser.after doing that i tested again saving project,but this time am getting a different error,not sure what is this error again.

any idea about this error,how it can be fixed ?

An Unexpected error has occured

Unable to store the project in DAV.
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Draft//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Error 500--Internal Server Error</TITLE>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="WebLogic Server">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
<FONT FACE=Helvetica><BR CLEAR=all>
<TABLE border=0 cellspacing=5><TR><TD><BR CLEAR=all>
<FONT FACE="Helvetica" COLOR="black" SIZE="3"><H2>Error 500--Internal Server Error</H2>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE="Courier New"><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3>
</FONT><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H4>10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error</H4>
</FONT><P><FONT FACE="Courier New">The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.</FONT></P>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
<FONT FACE="Helvetica" COLOR="black" SIZE="3"><H2>Error 500--Internal Server Error</H2>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 width=100% cellpadding=10><TR><TD VALIGN=top WIDTH=100% BGCOLOR=white><FONT FACE="Courier New"><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H3>From RFC 2068 <i>Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1</i>:</H3>
</FONT><FONT FACE="Helvetica" SIZE="3"><H4>10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error</H4>
</FONT><P><FONT FACE="Courier New">The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.</FONT></P>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
Exception type:  SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException
Message:         Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Source:          SAS.EG.SDS.Model
Target Site:     Update

Stack Trace:
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.LinkedRegisteredProjectFile.Flush(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectFile.Save(IProvideMetadataDependencies projectDependencyProvider)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.Save(Boolean resetModified, Boolean forRecovery)
   at SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ProjectCollection.SaveAs(SaveAsPath sap, DNADecoder dec)
   at SAS.EG.MainForm.SaveAsProject(Boolean UseLocalPathOnly)

Inner Exception Details:
Exception type:  System.InvalidOperationException
Message:         Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=UTF-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
--
<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FONT></TD></TR>
</TABLE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Source:          System.Web.Services
Target Site:     ReadResponse

Stack Trace:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at SAS.EC.Directory.WebServices.DAVService.DAVService.itemExists(String objectPath)

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This looks like the same issue as posted in

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Agreed Paul. All information must be there in the asnwers of the two posts.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Jaap Karman,

Please can you help me ith below issue

Hi,

Am trying to get data located in HAWQ into SAS using PostgreSQL driver.

I found PostgreSQL drivers at below which is open source driver.

https://odbc.postgresql.org/

but am not sure whether these drivers support with my current environment SAS 9.2 on Unix(Solaris 5.10) Sparc or not.

If it supports can you tell whether it comes with both the driver manager and PostgreSQL drivers and also Which download I need to go is it binary or source code from the below link provided.

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/

When am clicking on Source-->v9.4.1

below are the drivers am getting to download, but not sure which once to select

Files
postgresql-9.4.1.tar.bz2 Feb. 2, 2015, 8:53 p.m. 16.7 MB
postgresql-9.4.1.tar.bz2.md5 Feb. 2, 2015, 8:53 p.m. 59 bytes
postgresql-9.4.1.tar.bz2.sha256 Feb. 2, 2015, 8:53 p.m. 91 bytes
postgresql-9.4.1.tar.gz Feb. 2, 2015, 8:53 p.m. 21.9 MB
postgresql-9.4.1.tar.gz.md5 Feb. 2, 2015, 8:53 p.m. 58 bytes
postgresql-9.4.1.tar.gz.sha256 Feb. 2, 2015, 8:53 p.m. 90 bytes

When am clicking on Binary-->Solaris-->File browser-->v9.4.1-->Solaris-->solaris10-->sparc

below are the files am getting to download, but not sure which once to select

Files
README Feb. 4, 2015, 10:12 p.m. 1.5 KB
postgresql-9.4.1-S10.sparc-32.tar.bz2 Feb. 4, 2015, 10:12 p.m. 11.5 MB
postgresql-9.4.1-S10.sparc-32.tar.bz2.md5 Feb. 4, 2015, 10:12 p.m. 77 bytes
postgresql-9.4.1-S10.sparc-64.tar.bz2 Feb. 4, 2015, 10:12 p.m. 12.0 MB
postgresql-9.4.1-S10.sparc-64.tar.bz2.md5 Feb. 4, 2015, 10:12 p.m. 77 bytes

Please help me with the exact drivers and necessary steps to download and install drivers in my environment.

I would really appreciate if you can please guide me with the steps.

Thank you

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Sasprofile, you are having SAS 9.2 (outdated) at the moment Level_B SAS Technical Support Services and Policies     

You are running SUN/Solaris (sparc) 5.10 that is outdated : Solaris Operating System - Releases
How can you expect compatibility or getting support? Even if you can things to work it is fully your hacking skills.
Not able or getting allowance to upgrade versions?  You should do that sometime.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Jaap Karman,

Just want to give some updates on this,thought it might helpful to others.

I have used Drivers from Pivotal the "Pivotal HAWQ ODBC" drivers to connect from SAS 9.2  to HAWQ.It worked.

so basically two different drivers are working one from DataDirect and other from Pivotal.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation