BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yashpande
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am very new to SAS EG.

I have a AIX server and windows 7 environment. Windows scheduler is on and working fine.

My SAS EG project consists of only one program

libname output "/gpfs1/out_area";

libname source oracle user="" password="";

data output.mortg;

set source.mortg_v;

run;

The code runs absolutely fine and I need to schedule it on dataset arrival condition in source.

I scheduled it from SAS EG and it did create the .vbs file.

I am unable to go to the next steps

1. If i double click on the .vbs file it gives error

2. How to add this file in windows scheduler

Any help is really appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
MarFin777
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

the EG created a .job-File in %windir%\Tasks

But, at the moment, I stand in front of a similar Problem. The Task-Manager (i don't know the correct Englisch translation, in german it's called "Aufgabenplanung") doesn't show the .job-Files in %windir%\Tasks, but the .xml-Files in %windir%\system32\Tasks.

That is no solution for me, because i need an overview of all upcoming tasks (both folders)

So, until I find out more, i will schedule the *.sas Files (Safe them from the EG) by hand.

The Problem is, that the Metafiles, like LIBNAMES/FILENAMES or any other Settings, you possibly made in the EG and not in the source-code, doesn't exist in the .sas File.

But if you only have those two libname's from your sample, it should work.

I plan a Job with the Task-Manager.
Action: Start a Program

Program/Script: C:\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.3\sas.exe

Options: -CONFIG "C:\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.3\nls\de\sasv9.cfg" -autoexec "[YOUR-PATH]\autotcp.sas" -sysin "[YOUR-PATH\YOUR-PROGRAMNAME].sas"  -log  "[YOUR-PATH\YOUR-LOGFILE].log"

You should check the Paths and maybe delete the -autoexec... string, if you don't use it.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

His/her SAS is running on AIX, so you need to store the .sas and run the sas executable there.

If we knew how to detect the dataset arrival, we could provide a proper UNIX shell script which would then be run periodically by the cron daemon.

OTOH, I suspect that the creation of the source dataset is also handled by a scheduling system, so the most prudent option is to have the SAS job started by that.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation