BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fluorite | Level 6

I need some help converting time variable in calculation

Program calculates total turn around time of calls made for week / month and num of calls made by a employee during that time period

I am working on calculating calls per hour .

in my calculation I had sum of turn around time (TAT)  in MIN: SS:for 25 calls = 1878:07:35. How do I calculate calls per hour??

Please advice

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

So in your example its 1878 minutes for 25 calls?  If so then 1878/25 = mins between = 75.12 minutes or on call every 1h 15 minutes.

Anyways, if I didn't understand your example, basically multiply out each unit to the lowest common denominator, e.g. if you have HH and MM, then MM is the lowest.  ONce you have the lowest, divide by the number of calls will give you time in lowest denominator for each one.  Then divide you required unit by the lowest denominator result.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

It's not clear how turn around time and calls per hour are related.

To get calls per hour, you would need the number of calls in some other time period, like week or month.

If in your example there were 25 calls in a week, there are 24*7 = 168 hours in a week, so would your calls per hour be 25 / 168 = .148?

Tom

Fluorite | Level 6

I got the turn around time by calculating difference between two time stamp fields.

I think  RW9 answer would work

Thank you very much

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation