BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Karlijn
Calcite | Level 5

In our organization we don't have SAS/GRAPH insalled, so we always see the errors in the log file while generation a AG Project (see explanation below from SAS)

"Enables you to suppress the GOPTIONS statement that is automatically added to the SAS code that SAS Enterprise Guide generates.  You might want to select this option if you do not have SAS/GRAPH installed on your SAS server.   If you do not have SAS/GRAPH installed on your SAS server, then the GOPTIONS statement generates an error in the log file."

Everytime I re-open a project or select an new project de "supress" selection is turned off. How can I make sure that the selections keeps supressed (as shown in the attached picture)? 

7 REPLIES 7
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Which version of EG is used? Are other options properly saved?

Karlijn
Calcite | Level 5

The version we use is EG 5.1.

Only after restarting my computer the choosen options disappear (also other options).

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

That is an ancient version 😉

And EG runs on your local computer, not on Citrix or something alike?

Contacting Tech-Support or your local sas-admins seems to be a good idea.

Karlijn
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks,

My computer runs on Citrix. I was wondering if this could cause the problem indeed because the settings only disappear after restaring the computer.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

That (your Citrix configuration) is almost certainly the issue then. Your EG options are stored in this xml file (in your appdata user location):

%appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\EGOptions.xml

(ex. C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1\EGOptions.xml)

It sounds like your Citrix environment is not preserving updates to that file between sessions, thus changes to your EG options are lost.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Hint: it's not necessary to wrap screenshots in a Word document. Save the screenshot as .jpg or .png and use the "Photos" button to insert them in your post.

Karlijn
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the hint! I was already wondering if this was the only solution :).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation