BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndreasF
Fluorite | Level 6

I am very used to IDEs where I - as a programmer - am supported in the way that the IDE automatically writes commands in CAPITAL letters and also writes my variables in the way I introduced them.

I could not find anything like that in SAS EG.

Is it possible or is it just another weakness of SAS?

2 REPLIES 2
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I don't fully understand the use-case you are descibing here.  Please provide one or more specific examples of how you would expect or like EG to behave.

EG's code editor does attempt to follow the programmer's lead with respect to case.  For example, if you type "pro" then allow EG to autocomplete, you get "proc" (in lowercase).  If you type "PRO" and autocomplete, you get "PROC" (in uppercase).  Though it matches case when autocompleting, the syntax suggestion window currently always displays the syntax in uppercase -- is this the issue?  Or is the issue the casing of the EG-generated syntax in the point-and-click wizards?  Something else?

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

IDK which Microsoft platform does this, but when writing Excel VBA macros, the editor matches each letter's case with the first typed instance of the identifier (although it might be a bit more complicated than I am conveying).  This would be a great feature to ask for in EG!!! Consider adding a suggestion to the SASware ballot... SASware-Ballot-Ideas: "sas enterprise guide"

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation