BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JediApprentice
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm using the import wizard in SAS EG to import tables from an Access database into SAS. The problem I'm having is I've successfully imported 12 tables from Access into SAS. When I try to import another, it's as if it overrides the first import - The import data icon will branch off into 2 output datasets instead of one even though it's an entirely different table in the Access db. So whenever I update something in those Access tables and try to import again, it only imports updates to the one I've most recently imported (the bottom one off the branch). See image below:

AccessImportError.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Have you tried importing the data into SAS Views instead of SAS data sets?

JediApprentice
Pyrite | Level 9

I appreciate the response. What actually happened was kind of silly; the import icon was lying directly on top of the other one, so it looked like the two imported datasets were coming from the same import, when in reality once I dragged it down I saw that it was two separate imports. Weird that it would put it exactly on top of another one.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation