BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
antonio_jimenez
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, any help is welcome.

The submission status panel doen't show ok, just first  column uses all width available. 

How can i reset it to default?

I already tried menu View -> Reset to default layout, but it's no use

antonio_jimenez_0-1629729442225.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Glenn_DM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have found a solution to this issue.

Open a run window and typ in %appdata%.

Navigate to SAS > EnterpriseGuide > 8 and open the SubmissionStatusSettings.xml file in notepad. Adjust the column widths to 300 or less depending on your screen size.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Glenn

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Can you see a scroll bar on the bottom of the pane.  Your mouse must be hovering over the pane, to see the scroll bar.

antonio_jimenez
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes, i can see it, but the 1st column's width is so large, just moving the scroll bar 1 pixel and the data dissapears
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you can find column two, "Completed", then mouse over the column headers, over the area just to the left of "Completed" -- specifically at the boundary area between that of the column headers of Name and Completed.  You should be able to adjust the width of the "Name" column there.  It will feel similar to adjusting column width using a mouse in Excel.

antonio_jimenez
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm sorry but i can't find it. I clicked the scroll bar from far right about 10 min and it didn't even move a bit.

I use EGuide 8.3 Update 2 (8.3.2.140) (64-bit) and it has the same Look&Feel from Pentaho Kettle 4.0 from 2011, and Pentaho doesn't have this issue.

Before that, i was using EGuide 7.2, no problem at all

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'm sorry,a s well.  I'm wondering if a re-install is sufficient to fix this.  But before you do that I'm going to spam some top contributors to see if they have an insight.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've never seen this type of problem. Are the rest of your EG panels working OK?

Do you have access to another PC with EG and does it show the same problem?

A reinstall of EG would do no harm to see if it fixes the problem. SAS Tech Support is your best bet if reinstalling doesn't work.

Glenn_DM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have found a solution to this issue.

Open a run window and typ in %appdata%.

Navigate to SAS > EnterpriseGuide > 8 and open the SubmissionStatusSettings.xml file in notepad. Adjust the column widths to 300 or less depending on your screen size.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Glenn

antonio_jimenez
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you so much, that works 🙂
It was set like this
Width="183599999999998" XD
gabrielfarias
Calcite | Level 5

Glenn, it works. Fix the first session I open, when I open another one, the error happens again but the values on the xml stays correct. Don't know why or how to fix, I have to delete SubmissionStatusSettings every time I use EG to get it temporarely fixed.

FrankPoppe
Quartz | Level 8

I had the same problem, and this fixed it. Great.

My XML had the following entry

<CompletionTime Index="1" Width="144000000000001" />

So column2 appeared somewhere far out of reach.

Two questions remain:

• What causes nonsensical entries like this?
  • Will my change to the XML be persistent?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation