BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NataljaK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi dear friends,

I have been user of SAS EG for a long time but I use very rarely programming language in my work.

Now I need to find solution for task, that I can't solve using just SAS EG features.

I have a table and I would like to add n rows with fields f1 and f2 to it depends on makro-variables:v1,v2,v3 

If variable v1 is 0  I have to add 3 row and set the field f2  in each row as  'v1', 'v2', 'v3' ; 

If variable v2 is 0  I have to add 2 row and set the field f2 in each row as   'v2', 'v3';

If variable v3 is 0  I have to add 1 row and set the field f2 in it as    'v3';

Thanks in advance ,

Natalja

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You can solve this in many ways, programmatically.

One way is to have data step that evaluates the macro variable, and does explcit OUTPUT. And the PROC APPEND to you target table.

I imagine that you build macro logic to dynamically generate PROC SQL INSERT statments directly into the target table.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation