BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

I ran a program which exported a large-ish SAS dataset to XML via the XML libname engine and an XML Map.  I've also got my EG options set to Data --> Performance --> Maximum number of records ... SAS/ACCESS Data to unlimited.

I get acceptable performance displaying a SAS dataset for say 10M records. 

However, when I clicked the Output tab on this XML data, it was still chugging away around 10 minutes later saying "Loading...".

If this were a SAS program, I could select Stop or End SAS Process from the task window.

Is there a way to get EG to stop loading data in this scenario, or is my only choice killing EG, say via Task Manager?

Thanks,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried the EG Stop button or is EG just "busy" during this process so you can't use the Stop button?

ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It's just "busy".  For example, add a large (the bigger the better) dataset to your project.  Then open the dataset for viewing.  You'll see a "Loading..." message as it's trying to download the data (I assume it's XML under the covers???) to the client (EG) for viewing.

Since there isn't a SAS program running during this time, there isn't a Stop button to press.

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

There is a stop task button below in Eguide. It is a list of running taks  in a window like a task manager.

Only tis window must be activated by the operator. The operator is you the user. An the EGuide taskmanager is part of all Eguide windows. 

You are correct when you have noticed this will not work always. Your taks is a running am other process  that should communicate with Eguide.

The next thing what can happen is a broken communication or a corrupted process.

Altough you can not see the process with Eguide anymore it is possible still running (corrupted) at the OS level.

Check that and when possible and needed do a kill of the process at the OS level. When using Eguide it is the WorkspaceServer part and normally it will be your personal key, you can operate that. That is the SAS.exe process in the Windows (OS) taskmanager.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation