BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Classe1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

New Sas-user here 🙂

When I have a special missing value (.A, .N, .E…) in the datagrid in EG and want to view the unformatted value, I enter edit mode by double cklicking the cell.
The value then shows as a regular missing . (dot). If I leave the edit mode then the dot seems to be saved instead of the .A it was before… Why?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7

I got the following response from a SAS representative a while back when I noticed the same problem:

The EG data grid does not currently support setting special missing values.  I will add this as a requirement to the EG data grid, since it should handle this better (and as you experienced, can too easily result in a data integrity issue).

In the meantime, if you wish to simply view a raw value, press the Esc key (rather than the Enter key or clicking elsewhere) when you wish to leave edit mode for a cell, so the value is not committed back to the source

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7

I got the following response from a SAS representative a while back when I noticed the same problem:

The EG data grid does not currently support setting special missing values.  I will add this as a requirement to the EG data grid, since it should handle this better (and as you experienced, can too easily result in a data integrity issue).

In the meantime, if you wish to simply view a raw value, press the Esc key (rather than the Enter key or clicking elsewhere) when you wish to leave edit mode for a cell, so the value is not committed back to the source

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation