BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DME790
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I have a daily file that holds all historical data which I use to replace the data in a table.

I have the following code that appends data to a table but how do I use a data step to replace all the data?

Data Step used to append data

Data worklib.OriginalData;
	Set worklib.OriginalData
WORK.appenddata
;
Run;

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Dean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Not sure what you question is since you appear to already know how to REPLACE that dataset.

Your current program is replacing the dataset with the data from current dataset AND the data from another dataset.

If you just want to replace it with another dataset then don't include the current dataset in the SET statement.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Not sure what you question is since you appear to already know how to REPLACE that dataset.

Your current program is replacing the dataset with the data from current dataset AND the data from another dataset.

If you just want to replace it with another dataset then don't include the current dataset in the SET statement.

DME790
Pyrite | Level 9

@Tom ,

Thanks Tom - I need to stop thinking things are more complicated than they are.

Cheers

Dean

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation