BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
marilyn934
Calcite | Level 5

It took me ages to get it so EG could see my Netezza data warehouse appliance instead of my PC as local.

I don't keep data on my PC.  At any rate, my PC had to be re-imaged and everything re-installed and now I'm back at square 1.

I think my previous problem occurred because our system admins don't know what to do with EG.

There were schemas involved and I don't know what those were.

Now I have both my Netezza and my SQL server setup as ODBC thinking that would be easier, but I still can't get to them Smiley Sad

Any ideas on how to get everything working again?

5 REPLIES 5
art297
Opal | Level 21

My suggestion: Contact SAS Tech Support

marilyn934
Calcite | Level 5

The ODBC connections work with base SAS, but we don't have a separate EG server.  We also don't have any SAS Admins that know anything about EG. I can connect to the SQL server because it asks me to select from the list of tables there.  I just can't see or use the data...

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You don't provide any details of what you have tried so far, but since you are checking out ODBC you need:

1) SAS/ACCESS to ODBC licensed on your EG Server. Run PROC SETINIT to confirm.

2) The ODBC drivers for SQL Server and Netezza need to be installed on the EG server. Can you see these as data sources in the ODBC Administrator in the Windows Control Panel?

3) ODBC data sources need to be defined via the ODBC Administrator, for the SQL Server and Netezza on the EG Server. You can also test the ODBC connections through this tool.

If all this is sorted then I would try a small test program to access ODBC using an SQL CONNECT statement - check your documentation for this.

I would also follow Art's suggestion.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Setting up EG properly is a task the SAS Admin at your site should do. Defining common libraries for EG is something which should be done in metadata using SAS Management Console (though a SAS Admin task).

If there is no one around at your site with the neccessary knowledge then it's time to get someone trained.

Else: Agree with Art to contact SAS TechSupport.

Whether you can use ODBC depends on what SAS/Access modules have been licensed at your site.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

It would help if you posted the SAS code you are using to connect to ODBC, plus any SAS log messages you are getting.

Your response indicates you are running EG with SAS just on your desktop so all setup/configuration/connecting can be done on the same computer which should be straightforward....

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation