BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cookdatasolutio
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

Since my client upgraded to EG 7.1, I have noticed an annoying feature when I close an EGP. For each external .sas file in the project, I am asked whether I want to save the changes to that program, even though I have not made any changes. I have to go through each program to check I haven't inadvertently changed something, but a simple undo+redo of my last edit shows I haven't.

I would like to ask if there is an option I can change to stop this, or if there is a known fix my client can apply to their installation. I guess it could also be by design of course in which case I'll have to get used to it!

Apologies if something has already been posted but I'm not quite sure what search terms to look for.

Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I agree.  I've submitted an enhancement request that avoids that message if no tasks have changed or, alternatively, if the project was run but no programs were changed.  Something like in MS Word where the 'save' button is only lit when the file is changed.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

What exact version of EG do you have (in Help->About dialog)?

If your externally referenced .sas files have not changed, yet you are still getting prompted whether to save them, then that is a bug. I suggest upgrading to the latest version and update (7.15 HF3) if you are able, which may resolve the issue.

Otherwise, I suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation