BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
How to gain realtime experience ? So as to practice skills. Message was edited by: NewBee
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Unless you have your own SAS licence, you are going to be working on site at some other company. That presents a series of problems about confidentiality and employment terms as well as training and OHS issues.

You can buy a smaller version of SAS from SAS, called SAS LE (light edition). It has a subset of products and only handles 1000 or 10000 record data sets. (I don't recall which it currently is), but your local SAS office will happily talk to you about the product and sell you one.

Then find your local user group, join it and network. You may find an opportunity to take a "piece work task" from someone and produce a result set for them. Be aware that security of the client information and confidentiality are extremely important and you will want to be diligent in storing their data, sharing your results, and even seeking help here. You can't use real data to demonstrate a problem you struck. Most of us have become fairly good at creating a table of plausible numbers to replicate a problem, and we don't mention the client name. In fact, if I had a problem, my first call would be to the person who gave me the data, my second to one of my SAS contacts, or Tech Support, and publishing my woes on the web would be a very last resort.

Good luck and kind regards

David
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'd go for a local copy of PC SAS and EG, and practise writing in data and proc steps, while exploring the features of SMC. It does help if you are in an academic environment or industry where you are constantly exposed to SAS, but you could own a watered down version of SAS by bidding for one on ebay or amazon. I am not sure if SAS on demand is available to you, but thats another avenue to explore.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation