BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fents
Calcite | Level 5

In SAS EG 8.3 - I'm using Reports to display my reports. Is there a way to get the Report to automatically update if I have to re-run the process? Right now I have to go into each report, edit contents, and re-select the updated SAS item and delete the old one. 

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Can you provide more details please including the type of ODS you are using? Adding a screenshot could help.

fents
Calcite | Level 5

Results are set to SAS Report. 

fents_0-1705419865469.png

To create the reports, I simply went New Item>Report> and inserted the information I needed. 

If I re-run anything, the Report does not automatically update and I have to go into the report, and re-insert the information I need. 

BillSawyer
SAS Employee

Hi Fents,

I'm using EG 8.3.

I ran a program to create SAS Report results (proc print data=sashelp.class;),

then  used File > New > Report, then selected the results to add to the new Report.

Then, I made changes to my code that would cause the results to change (added a title and selected  only specific variables to display),

then I reran the Process Flow  which updated the SAS Report results as well as my final Report.

If you don't want to run the entire Process Flow you can lasso (to select) the item/s you wish to update and include the Report, then Run > Run Selected Items, the Report should show the expected changes.

If this does not address what you are seeing then explain how your case differs from my test case and I will be glad to follow-up with you.

Regards,

Bill

fents
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Bill, 

My issue appears to be that some of the "links" between my SAS report and final report are disappearing. If the link breaks, my final report does not update automatically. 

I cannot figure out why the link is breaking (see the image below for the top report). Even if I re-add the top SAS report to my final report, the link does not re-appear. The SAS report with the link to the final report will automatically update. 

fents_0-1706199688942.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation