BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RandyW
Calcite | Level 5

Newer SAS-EG user with no coding experience.

I utilize the point-and-click features within the query builder to create queries. Once I have my final table in the project, I want it to show as a table within a library on the SASApp server so that I don't have to run the project every time I want to use that table.

I've tried exporting the .sas7bdat file as a step in the project.

I've also tried copying the code and pasting into a new program.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any non-coding solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

You have to point the Output table to be created in the Library you wish (access required). You can do that by giving a two level name for the output in the query builder.

In below screenshot "MYWORK" is the library where my output will be created.

image.png

Thanks,
Suryakiran

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

You have to point the Output table to be created in the Library you wish (access required). You can do that by giving a two level name for the output in the query builder.

In below screenshot "MYWORK" is the library where my output will be created.

image.png

Thanks,
Suryakiran
RandyW
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, that makes sense. However I receive an error message: "ERROR: You cannot create or delete datasets, views or indexes in this mode. Try the option METAOUT=DATA."

I found a solution for that error but it references SAS Management Console, which I do not have access to.

Do you know of any additional workarounds for this error?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Talk to your SAS administrator. It is likely that the library you are trying to write to has been set up in SAS Management Console and you don't have the right metadata permissions to allow this. Your SAS administrator should be able to fix this. 

RandyW
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation