BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cgates
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm using SAS EG (Version: 7.15 HF9 (7.100.5.6226) (64-bit)) and I cannot run any programs because it cannot connect to the local server (photo below). I have SAS 9.4 installed on my computer and it works fine. I ran proc setinit in SAS 9.4 and my license is active with an expiration date of 30DEC2020. I re-registered my local SAS by opening a command prompt, updating the cd to the path where my SAS is installed and entered  sas /regserver. I also tried this again entering sas.exe /regserver after it didn't work. I restarted my SAS EG sessions and computer between attempts. My SAS EG is set to noprofileselected, the same as my colleagues who are not having issues with their SAS EG. 

I ran the Integration Technologies Configuaration Wizard for SAS Workspace Server, COM Connection Protocol and it said "The requested operation requires elevation." I am an admin on my PC, FYI. 

My SAS 9.4 runs as expected with no issues. 

image (4).png

unnamed.pngrequireelevation.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

You tried all the things I would have first recommended you try (and the things that resolve the vast majority of the times someone is unable to connect).

If you can't connect to the local server using the Integration Technologies Configuration Wizard (C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\Integration Technologies\ITConfig2.exe), then EG won't be able to connect to it either. So, I suspect it is either a Windows permissions issue (even if you are an admin, not everything necessarily runs as admin) or a SAS Integration Technologies Client issue.  I recommend checking the exact version of your SAS Integration Technologies Client.  You could also try re-installing SAS Integration Technologies Client, which sometimes resolves issues.

Did you try explicitly running the Integration Technologies Configuration Wizard as an administrator (right-click ITConfig2.exe and select "Run as administrator"?  If not, I'd try that too to see if it makes any difference.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

You tried all the things I would have first recommended you try (and the things that resolve the vast majority of the times someone is unable to connect).

If you can't connect to the local server using the Integration Technologies Configuration Wizard (C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\Integration Technologies\ITConfig2.exe), then EG won't be able to connect to it either. So, I suspect it is either a Windows permissions issue (even if you are an admin, not everything necessarily runs as admin) or a SAS Integration Technologies Client issue.  I recommend checking the exact version of your SAS Integration Technologies Client.  You could also try re-installing SAS Integration Technologies Client, which sometimes resolves issues.

Did you try explicitly running the Integration Technologies Configuration Wizard as an administrator (right-click ITConfig2.exe and select "Run as administrator"?  If not, I'd try that too to see if it makes any difference.

Casey

cgates
Obsidian | Level 7

@CaseySmith Running both the Integration Technologies Configuration Wizard and SAS EG as an administrator worked! I've never had to do that before so I'm not sure what's going on but at least something worked.

Would you recommend that I reach out to my IT support team and have them update my permissions?

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

@cgates, glad to hear that worked!  Yes, in that case, I would contact your IT support team to allow the necessary permissions.

Casey

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation