BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasglm
Calcite | Level 5

Hello I've been using SAS EG 8.1 after our forced upgrade 6weeks ago with our Fortune 100 company.

the look and feel is much different, and as a programmer I don't really care about Projects and just want a good editor and log/results view.

one issue I've had is that my Libnames don't always show up in the Server panel. a co worker has said there's a 500 libname limit in this window also.

But here's my biggest issue, is that I can not get my Results tab to display in my log tab. I get Errors Warnings and Notes but no Results. in the Code tab I can run a small program and create a SAS DS and it is no where to be found, the log says it created it with X number of rows, but how do I turn this on. I've gone into the Options/Results and everything looks fine.

Help 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@sasglm - There is a fix for the 500 table limit: https://support.sas.com/kb/65/053.html

Are other EG users having the same problem or is it just you? Check you have at least one type of output selected in EG Options - Results. HTML is the default setting.

sasglm
Calcite | Level 5

yes, but here's a screen shot of the Options/Results.

Reeza
Super User

@sasglm wrote:

yes, but here's a screen shot of the Options/Results.

You missed this one. If it's just you it's likely a setting or option. If it's everyone, they didn't set something up correctly in the installations. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation