BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ccfarmer
Calcite | Level 5

We just got upgraded to 8.1 EG at work and besides some other frustrations I might be able to deal with, this is the most frustrating. My coworkers and I all agree this is something we need fixed. We do connect through Citrix 4.11 to get to EG; however, I don't think that matters for this issue.

The scrollbars showing within any pane (mainly within the program, but it happens whenever there is a vertical or horizontal scrollbar) are barely wide enough to click on with a normal mouse arrow. Because we're connecting through Citrix, we experience some decent lag (which we have no control over), so we use the scrollbars over any keyboard shortcuts because that causes things to freeze up. So simply put, we need wider scrollbars. I don't think this is too much to ask for as any other program I've ever used has wide enough scrollbars. After using 8.1 for 2 days I've pretty much had it. Please tell me there's an option somewhere I can change. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

It may be appropriate to mention exactly which Operating System you are using. This quite likely to be related to OS settings.

ishmo65
Obsidian | Level 7

Scroll bar appearance in Windows applications can be defaulted to the O/S settings or can be controlled by the application software's author.

In my case, all windows applications in Windows 10 Enterprise on my company's laptop and Windows 10 in the Citrix client connected remotely to the Customer site (that I'm doing work for) appear with 'normal' width scroll bars. However, in SAS EG [8.2 Update 4 (8.2.4.1261) (32-bit)] on both my laptop and in the Citrix window, the scroll bars are super skinny.

This is a SAS EG issue, pure and simple, and currently there is no setting in the SAS EG's Options that would remedy the skinny scroll bars.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've been using EG 8.1 and 8.2 for close to 6 months now, both locally and via remote desktop connections. While I agree the scroll bars are narrower than most other apps, I haven't found usage to be problematic. Having said that, doubling the scroll bar width would still make it narrower than most Microsoft products. For users with laggy remote connections I can see that would help a lot.

There is no option I'm aware of for controlling the scroll bar width, so I'd suggest raising a SASware ballot item for this.  

claudiajc
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there, I second this request for wider scroll bars in SAS EG 8.1. 

Although I appreciate the observation of the existing relationship between the operative system and the bars width, it is not a solution.  

Many of us who use SAS at work cannot choose a particular operative system.  We have work computers that our companies tailor to their needs.

Thanks,

Claudia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation