BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JeffreyLowe
Obsidian | Level 7

I have section of code that recurses a path and appends all the CSV files in a folder. This program has been running fine for months. No changes have been made anywhere to the code. All of a sudden, this weekend, SAS blows up on the data step, but not immediately. It does import 2 or 3 of the files before blowing up. I've checked each of the CSV files in both Excel as well as a text editor for odd characters. These files are processed every weekend. I checked with the source team and there have been no changes to any of the files or in the process of creating/delivering the files. A screen shot of the complete error is pasted below after the code.

Error: An unhandled win32 exception occurred in SEGuide.exe [12028].

Anyone run into this?

filename FT32F001 "&csvFilePath&&csvFilename" ;

data csvN;
     length RCT_Object_Type fname $128 ;
     retain RCT_Object_Type ;
     infile FT32F001 filename=fname eov=eov end=end ;

input ;

lines + 1 ;
     if eov or end then do ;
          lines + end ;
          output ;
     end ;

* skip the header row ;
     if _n_ eq 2 or eov then do ;
          RCT_Object_Type=substr(fname,47,50) ;
          RCT_Object_Type=substr(RCT_Object_Type,1,length(RCT_Object_Type)-4) ;
          eov =0 ;
          lines =0 ;
     end;
     rename lines = RCT_ARIS_Import;
run;

JeffreyLowe_0-1612793448959.png

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

From the error it's a crash in EG, but unclear what might be causing it. You get the "just-in-time" debugging error because (perhaps) you have Visual Studio or some components installed -- otherwise it would be a different message (but still a crash).

Turning on Application Logging might reveal some details.  You may need to work with SAS Tech Support to diagnose.  If this just started showing up, it might be good to review any recent Windows updates to see if those might be a factor.  And of course, make sure you have the most recent hotfixes for SAS EG.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
JeffreyLowe
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Chris,

I figured it would need to go to SAS Support, but thought I would check here first just in case, this community is so helpful and such a fount of knowledge I thought I might get lucky. Thank you for your input.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation