BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_it
Quartz | Level 8

I want to renew the license file. I received the renewal license file in application format not in text format. What is the procedure to update the license? Pls guide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

They are both the same, so you can choose whichever you prefer.
If I had to guess, I would say that SAS renewal software requires fewer clicks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

There should be a another file attached to the mail explaining the process.

EDIT: What do you mean by "I received the renewal license file in application format." ??

japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

When you renew your license, you will usually receive a file named like "SAS_renewal_instructions" and a SID file, both of which are text files.

Where did you get the license file for the application format?

sas_it
Quartz | Level 8

Yes SID file should be in text format only. By mistake application format was sent. Wanted to know the process to renew the license. 

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

@sas_it wrote:

Yes SID file should be in text format only. By mistake application format was sent. Wanted to know the process to renew the license. 

Contact SAS, i have never heard or seen that the sid was send as anything, but a text-file. And, as @japelin already said: the mail contains always instructions.

sas_it
Quartz | Level 8

Whether its enough to update the license using SAS renewal software or needs to be done with deployment manager?

japelin
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

They are both the same, so you can choose whichever you prefer.
If I had to guess, I would say that SAS renewal software requires fewer clicks.

Reeza
Super User
Also depends on if you're doing this for a single computer, multiple computers or a server installation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation