BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I've created a Summarised table in SAS EG 4.3 & the numbers I've summed for the table have .00 after the integer.

So '1' looks like '1.00', how do I get the value to just show as '1'?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

For numbers in SAS, "Formats" are used to set how the numbers look.

In the Summary Tables task, on the Summary Tables tab, right click your analysis variable, and select Data Value Properties. On the Format tab on the dialogue that pops up, pick the category of Numeric, and then find the "w.d" entry in the list. Set the number of digits you want left of the decimal in the Overall Width, and 0 as the Decimal Places.

Tom

pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Hi TomKari,

I can't find those options in EG 4.3.

I'm starting with Tasks >> Describe >> Summary Tables Wizard & there's no option to select 'Data Value Properties.

I also tried going with Tasks >> Describe >> Summary Tables & dragging over the number field & then clicking 'Properties' still no 'Data Value Properties' option?? 

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Ah, my original comments were for the "non-wizard" version of Summary Tables.

Unfortunately, I only have EG 5.1, but hopefully it's the same. Using the Wizard, on screen 2, where you assign the analysis variables, after you add your variables click on the "Browse" beside the "Select table format" entry box. From there, it's pretty much what I described before.

Pick the category of Numeric, and then find the "w.d" entry in the list. Set the number of digits you want left of the decimal in the Overall Width, and 0 as the Decimal Places.

Hopefully this will work in 4.3.

Tom

pcfriendly
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks but it seems old 4.3 doesn't support that, all I get is a dialogue box with the general tab...

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I'm sure someone with EG 4.3 will give you a hand. Alternately, you could always fly it by Tech Support. They have all of the versions available.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation