BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jackthecat
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all...

I use the query wizard to query data rather then command line type programming.

I'm afraid I don't know what SAS EG version it is... it's not on my PC, it is a remote instance that I access via an online method. It is quite a restrictive set up, but it's the only way I can access this data.

I have a query output in the form: borough, provider, activity [sum], within which I have grouped provider (using a computed column) to two options, one of which is my organisation, and the other is everyone else.

I'd like to pivot the output so I have borough down the left, provider across the top, and two columns of activity data.

I think I should use transpose but can't work it out...

Any help gratefully received.

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Pivoting (in SAS) usually means that you are creating some kind of report, rather than restructuring data.

In EG, this means that you could use the summary table task/wizard.

Data never sleeps
jackthecat
Calcite | Level 5

Sounds great. How though?

jackthecat
Calcite | Level 5

Actually, I've worked out how to do it using table wizard, thanks.

How do I sort a column, by size?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What do you mean by size, given that you have a cross tabulation?

Perhaps a simple sample on what you want?

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation