BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

if you enter a date as m/d/yy EG will consider it an error...yet if you then click the calendar button, it magically knows exactly what date you entered!

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png 

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Sounds like you should be talking to tech support here.

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

yep...thanks for the reminder.  here's the reply I got.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reporting this. I can replicate easily. And our documentation clearly states that you should be able to enter a date in the "12/12/18" format when selecting a value for a date prompt. The SAS Enterprise Guide help states that EG automatically converts a date entered in mm/dd/yy format to mm/dd/yyyy format. It very obviously does not do this.

I am entering a defect on this today.

Best Regards,

ballardw
Super User

What properties did you assign the fields from and to?

Do you get the same behavior entering 02/01/18 or 02/01/2018?

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

They're just defined as date ranges. 02/01/18 works, but 2/1/18 doesn't, yet it recognizes it in the calendar...weird.

Reeza
Super User

Definitely sounds like a tech support question then. 

@tomrvincent wrote:

They're just defined as date ranges. 02/01/18 works, but 2/1/18 doesn't, yet it recognizes it in the calendar...weird.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation