BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
luciacossaro
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi !

I need your help. I did a point cloud with PROC GPLOT and i get something like this graph (RED POINTS) but i want something like BLUE points, that is to say to order the points by his value, small values ​​are displayed first.

I tried to sort the dataset  by value but it don't work and i do not understand why.

Do you have any idea ?

Than you very much! 

SAS graph.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Post some test data in the form of a datastep, follow this if need:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat...

Also post the code you are running.  Also move to proc sgplot as that is far more powerful and simple, gplot is very old.

ballardw
Super User

Code.

Provide Code.

Your entire description makes little sense. The "order" of graph like that depends on the values of the X and Y axis variable values. Since Proc GPLOT plot statements only deal with numeric values they will always appear in ascending order from left to right (x axis), bottom to top unless you provide an explicit AXIS statement to change the order using an Order= option.

With the magnitude of changes you imply with the drawn lines not being consistent, I suspect you have to completely change your X axis variable values to get the "order" you want.

You did not help by not showing any axis value labels for the X axis.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation