BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
misaochan
Calcite | Level 5

There seems to be a bug in one branch of my process flow (it worked fine before today). When I choose a certain name for my output dataset (say, Work.Controlled_Flag), the output dataset shown in my process flow is still something generic (like Work.QUERY_FOR_ETC_001). But the actual name seems to still exist - when I join tables and such, the names of the datasets in the file explorer is my custom names. It just seems to display wrongly in the process flow view.

Any thoughts to what could be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You might try this option in Tools->Options, Project Views - Display full path of referenced data and files

fullpath.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
misaochan
Calcite | Level 5

Oh, I think I might have an idea of what happened. My process flow view is displaying labels of datasets, but I really want dataset name (and for some reason the name doesn't automatically copy over to the label). So I have to label everything manually in the task, in addition to specifying output dataset name?

misaochan
Calcite | Level 5

My bad, I understand it better now. The labels display in the workflow but the names don't.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You might try this option in Tools->Options, Project Views - Display full path of referenced data and files

fullpath.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Brett_B73
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I am new to this forum but have been using SAS EG for the last 6 years. I found this string and could use some help and/or suggestions. Sometimes when I create a query in SAS EG the Output names I specified within the Query building wizard do not show up under the output icon in the Process Flow, instead the generic “QUERY_FOR…” is displayed. I know that the underlying file name I designated for the output was saved because I can see that when I look at the Properties of the output data. For some reason, the Label information did not get updated however. Additionally this issue does not happen for me all the time. Sometimes I can build a full date query string with several interlinked query subsets and every one of them will have the name I specified displayed in the Process Flow, sometimes none of them will be displayed, and others times it will be a mix of both. I tried the solution that Chris Hemedinger posted on 5/16/2014 but that did not resolve my issue. Any thoughts or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation