BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
user24feb
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

When I run a certain process flow in Enterprise Guide in batch I get the following error message:

ERROR: You cannot open xxx for output access with member-level control because
xxx.DATA is in use by you in resource environment IOM ROOT COMP ENV.

If I run the programs separately, I don't get an error message. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks & kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You most probably have "add results to project" and "open results automatically" activated. So one of your nodes creates a dataset, which is automatically added to the project tree and open for display in the background, while the next node wants to overwrite that dataset.

RB1Kenobi
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

Two thoughts from me:

1. Have you checked that your batch EG and windowed EG are using the same autoexec (check the logs)?

2. Are you using %sysfunc(open(.....)) wihin your code?   If so, are you closing the dataset with %sysfunc(close(...)) as it could be that the table is remaining open and therefore locked for user access.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation