BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Guys

Sorry I am new at SAS but when I have the ods format on SAS Editor and run it, it doesn't seem to open in the word document (if programmed for word) and just opens in a result viewer within sas and I have to keep scrolling up and down to look at the graph. Which is really annoying and frustating as I cant seem to see the whole picture that way

Can anyone please tell me how I can change the setting so it opens up in word. Rather that the result viewer in SAS

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Trusting that you are in SAS Enterprise Guide for this...

Tools->Options->Results - there are settings for which applications to use by default. You can select to open RTF results outside of EG instead of embedded. Actually, I recommend that option for people who use RTF all of the time. Embedding the Microsoft Word viewer in the EG process can slow things down within EG, and the experience can get a little squirrelly, especially if you have lots of addins for Microsoft Word.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Are you using SAS Enterprise Guide or the SAS Display Manager and Results Viewer???

If you are using the SAS Display Manager, then follow these steps:
Tools--> Options--> Preferences--> Results
   Then UNCHECK the choice: View results as they are generated
Underneath this choice on the Results tab, will be another choice --
    For " View results using:" choice
    Select "Preferred web browser" (uncheck Internal browser)

Also, I am not sure what you mean by "when I have the ods format on SAS Editor" -- you might mean that you have turned on automatic file creation (either HTML or LISTING) from the above Preferences tab. If so, SAS automatically writes the files to your default directory with a name that it assigns. And, if you are using Enterprise Guide, then EG also chooses the name and default location for your output.

To have the most control over the name and location of your ODS output, you can use a basic "sandwich" technique for invoking ODS and specifying the name and disk location of the output results (shown below for ODS RTF):
[pre]
ods _all_ close; /* closes all open ODS destinations */

ods rtf file='c:\temp\myoutput.rtf'; /* opens RTF output with specific name */
*** your code goes here;
ods rtf close; /* closes the RTF file */
[/pre]

After the above code runs, you should be able to use Windows Explorer to navigate to the C:\temp directory and open the file "myoutput.rtf" using Word or any other word processor of your choice.

cynthia
(If you are using SAS on Unix or on a 64 bit Windows 7 system, then you may need to investigate the SAS Remote Browser and related system options:
http://support.sas.com/kb/34/036.html
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hostvms/62450/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002606037.htm )
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

Sorry should have been more clear as to which SAS I was using. But the solution you provided for EG worked.

Thank you 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation