BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Running EG 7.13 connected to a linux server recently upgraded to 9.4M4, when I submit:

ods graphics/ reset=all;
ods pdf file="/blah/MyPDF.pdf" ;
title1 j=c "MyTitle" ;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
  scatter y=height x=Weight;
run ;
title1 ;
ods pdf close ;

I get a PDF, but no title in it.  Running same code in PC SAS works fine.  What could cause this (other than it being Friday?)  The title shows up fine in ODS HTML, lst output, etc.  So seems to be something about the PDF destination? 

I tried adding gtitle, nogtitle, startpage=yes, and other stuff that shouldn't matter, but couldn't get the titles.

Edit:

Per suggestion from @DanH_sas, I ran the same code in SAS Studio, and it ran fine.  Since it seems to be related to E.G., will move this to the EG board.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@Quentin - Any other ODS destinations active?  Try adding ODS _ALL_ CLOSE; at the start of your code and see what happens.  Might have some other stuff taking precedence.

More tips in this blog post.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Quentin
Super User
I added a PROC PRINT inside the PDF sandwich. The title shows up fine for the PRINT, but not for the SGPLOT.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Are you able to run this code directly on the Linux server and get a title for SGPLOT? I say that because it's possible that there might be a setting in EG that is affecting the title output. I just ran your code directly in a DMS session on a Linux box using SAS 9.4m4, and the title came out okay. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks!

Dan 

Quentin
Super User

Thanks @DanH_sas.  I ran it in SAS Studio and got a title.  Good to know that it's not SAS.  I'm not seeing how it could be EG, but I'll move this discussion there.  Will also see if anyone else internally can replicate it. 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@Quentin - Any other ODS destinations active?  Try adding ODS _ALL_ CLOSE; at the start of your code and see what happens.  Might have some other stuff taking precedence.

More tips in this blog post.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Quentin
Super User

Thanks @ChrisHemedinger,  you're a life saver (or at least sanity saver).  I had the SAS REPORT destination open in EG.  Didn't think about the possibility of conflicting options beyond what is specified on the ODS statement. But that's a much better outcome than me going crazy wondering why the TITLE statement won't work.  I should've posted a couple of hours ago.  : )

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation