BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bsachin94
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Team,

I have installed SAS EG recently. I was trying to import excel file in SAS. However, while I am trying to import the excel file, the next option in the dialog box is not getting highlighted. As a result, I am not able to complete the import. Please let me know what should be done to resolve this issue.

It would be of great help if anybody could give the solution to this problem.

Regards,

Sachin B

Capture.JPG
14 REPLIES 14
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

If you run SAS EG you probably run on a server and not local host.

Brows and select the SAS Server (insread local)

bsachin94
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your reply. I am running through an installed application i.e. from Programs > SAS > SAS EG

Not sure why that next button is not enabled. Is there any way to enable it?

Reeza
Super User

The options your selecting in the window aren't correct for some reason. 

Is SAS running on your desktop or does your company have a server? If you log on and have access to datasets not stored on your computer, it's likely a server set up. 

This means you need to change the Server option.

Another possibility is that you've selected the wrong file type. You have an XLS file, which is an older format. 

See if you have the option for older Excel files. 

Or you may need to be using PCFILES option. But try these two things first.  

bsachin94
Fluorite | Level 6

Please elaborate on the options I have to resolve the issue. I have installed it in my system and I am not able to import simple excel file.

Settings if any required, please suggest.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You did not answer my question.

Let me elaborate: did you install a whole SAS system, including SASFoundation, from a SAS depot with the SAS Deployment Wizard, or just Enterprise Guide from the SASEnterpriseGuidexx_x86_x64 executable?

thpkml
Calcite | Level 5

I have the exact same problem and I'm using my university lab machine which has no other option than 'local' any ideas?

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

On your Windows Start menu you should have a program entry something along the lines of SAS 9.4.

Try running that, and if SAS starts, you should see a message in the log, or watch for any other kinds of diagnostics. There may be a problem with SAS starting up.

Tom

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Did you install a complete SAS system, or only Enterprise Guide?

If you only installed EG, then you need to point your Enterprise Guide to a SAS server that runs the SAS system itself.

bsachin94
Fluorite | Level 6

I installed "Install SAS Foundation and Related Software" then I selected "Clients only" and under this I selected all, then under default product type I selected "SAS Enterprise Guide.”

Reeza
Super User

It sounds like you may not have installed everything. 

Reinstall and make sure to include SASfoundation unless you are connecting to a SAS server. If you have a SAS administrator ask them for help to connect to server. 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Use the steps in this article to ensure you have Local SAS and that it's set up correctly.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Enterprise Guide is just a frontend and comprises less than 12 percent of the whole SAS system, storagewise.

Make sure you follow the correct deployment plan; if that deployment plan has two machines (n which case you installed what you need), this means that you need to specify a server that EG can connect to.

You do this in Tools - Options - Administration - Connection (Profile)

For server name and post number, consult your site administrator.

MM7
Calcite | Level 5 MM7
Calcite | Level 5

i am facing the same issue.Have you been able to solve the issue? If yes, kindly hel me with the same.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please open a new thread with your own question. This old one is 'visible' to the former participants only, so you won't get much attention.

Post exactly what problems you have, describe your environment and how your SAS is set up (single or multi machine, operating system(s), versions, etc).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 like
  • 8 in conversation