BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Doug_in_STL
Fluorite | Level 6

EG 8.1 64-bit, newly installed. Running standalone on Win10Pro laptop. 

When I start the app, I get essentially a big empty white page. At first I installed the 32-bit EG version with the 64-bit SAS Foundation thought there was a conflict between them. So I uninstalled everything and went 64-bit across the board. No difference. SAS (base) runs great. 

I can use the [ALT] key to invoke the tool bar menus but after that, still nothing comes up. As I move the mouse around the empty start page, I can tell the pane borders are there because the pointer will change, but I can't see any panes. 

Screen cap attached.

What am I doing wrong?

EG.png

thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This is definitely not normal behaviour. Since EG is a .NET application I suggest checking to see what version of the .NET Framework you have installed. Getting the latest version might help. Opening a track with SAS Tech Support would be a good idea too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
What happens you do:
1. alt --> view --> project
2. F11
3. alt --> Tools --> Options --> [reset all]
Doug_in_STL
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, thanks for the reply.

to answer your steps:

1. I can see the View menu

2. F11 only seems to only turn on/off the program window banner

3. I can view the Options menus and go through them, but I don't see any "Save" or "OK" or whatever. 

This almost feels like I have a display driver incompatibility issue with the app. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

This is definitely not normal behaviour. Since EG is a .NET application I suggest checking to see what version of the .NET Framework you have installed. Getting the latest version might help. Opening a track with SAS Tech Support would be a good idea too.

Doug_in_STL
Fluorite | Level 6
Taking this over to Tech Support.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation