BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

I have SAS 9.4M4 and EG 7.1 on my PC.  I would like to upgrade to EG 8.2, without upgrading SAS to 9.4M6.

I asked IT for EG8.2, and they got a new installation depot from SAS and gave it to me, but when I run setup.exe, it wants to upgrade me to M6.  There is no menu of check boxes to say "what would you like to install?" which would allow me to select only EG.

So I called SAS tech support, and said "how do I install just EG", and they said "go to your depot and look in the folder StandAlone_Installer".  And when I said "ain't there" they said "that's strange, ask your IT group if they removed it." Our IT group doesn't know anything about SAS, they confirmed they didn't remove anything.

In digging around, I did find ordersummary.html which says the order included "Standalone Installation Utilities 9.49586".

But other than that, I don't see any reference to a stand alone installer for EG.

Is there any way I can install EG8.2, without upgrading to M6, and without going back to my IT group to ask them to submit a new order to SAS for a new depot?  (It's the usual deal where IT doesn't know SAS, so they don't what to ask for, and then things usually don't go well, and everyone gets mad at each other....)

Thanks,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out recordings of our past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Save the date for our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18 in Cambridge, MA. Registration opens in September.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Tech Support is correct - it should be in the /standalone_installs folder at the root of the software depot.  That standalone package includes a mini-SAS-deployment process that drives the install properly.

Othewise, the packaged EG installer can be found in the depot here:

• products\eguide__94120__win__en__sp0__1\eguide.msi

But if you install this way (by right-click on the MSI and selecting Install) and bypass the SAS deployment wizard, you potentially miss system requirements and any update to your SAS software registry.  So if you go this path...you're a bit of a rebel.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Tech Support is correct - it should be in the /standalone_installs folder at the root of the software depot.  That standalone package includes a mini-SAS-deployment process that drives the install properly.

Othewise, the packaged EG installer can be found in the depot here:

• products\eguide__94120__win__en__sp0__1\eguide.msi

But if you install this way (by right-click on the MSI and selecting Install) and bypass the SAS deployment wizard, you potentially miss system requirements and any update to your SAS software registry.  So if you go this path...you're a bit of a rebel.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
Quentin
Super User

Thank you Chris!

I thank you, and my IT group thanks you. : )

I found it in:

products\eguide__94190__win__en__sp0__1\eguide.msi

And it installed and there are tabs and I can move my log to a separate monitor and ... you know the rest.

Thanks again!

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out recordings of our past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Save the date for our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18 in Cambridge, MA. Registration opens in September.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation