BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wbaeckelmans
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everybody,

At the end of my installation of SAS Enteprise Guide I get this error, "microsoft.net framework 4.0 for single byte character languages", so I can't finish my installation.

Anyone who can help me with this problem?

Kind regards,

Wouter

7 REPLIES 7
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I suggest you throw this over the SAS Tech. Support. I doubt that any of us would be able to replicate the error, and a quick internet search didn't show any resolutions.

Merry Christmas!

Tom

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Possibly you need to download this package from Microsoft:

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) for Server Core from Official Microsoft ...

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
wbaeckelmans
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

I tried this but it says I already got a version (or higher version) of Microsoft.net Framework 4. Thanks for the help anyways.

Guess I'll contact the SAS Tech. supp. and see if they can help me.

Kind regards,

Wouter

rosaliendesaer
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Wouter,

I was wondering what the solution was to your problem as I am facing the same problem.

Kind regards,

Rosalien.

HectorLP
Calcite | Level 5

Dear wbaeckelmans,

I was wondering if you had already solved this problem since I am facing it right now.

I really apreciate any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Héctor

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of EG are you installing on what version of Windows? Have you tried Chris's suggestion?

KatrienCattoor
Calcite | Level 5

Yesterday when I was installing Enterprise Guide, I had the same problem. I reported it to SAS Belgium and received a message that I had to install

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Language Pack (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30667) and then restart the installation of SAS 9.4. Which I did and which worked.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation