BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Can someone point me to a tutorial on how to setup my data for use with a Map Graph?

I thought it would be a simple thing to add a figure to my dissertation showing cancer cases around the world. "Best laid plans..." I have the data from the WHO (World Health Organization) but they just list it by country name.

The SAS Enterprise Guide Help on this is not helpful at all as there is no walkthrough, not much of anything useful to me. It seems to assume one knows how to do most of this and just needs a reference for that option they can't remember. Bing and searching the forums didn't produce usable results.

I have found the WORLD map set but there are no country names. I have found the METAMAPS set but there isn't a code that matches what's in the WORLD except for the CONT variable (which I am assuming is the continent?)

I am quite lost here.

Thanks,
Adrian.
7 REPLIES 7
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Cynthia but that is way over where I am with my SAS programming. I don't have the time right now to go that deep into SAS programming, hence the reason I'm using Enterprise Guide.

I'm just looking for how do I setup my data so that SAS "sees" to associate the data I have for France with however it is representing France in the map.

Thanks,
Adrian.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Sorry. I always use PROC GMAP. Here's some EG related papers/presentations:
http://www.gasug.org/papers/Producing%20Maps%20with%20SAS%20Enterprise%20Guide.ppt

If you have the SAS/Bridge for ESRI, then you may be able to get the data points for your country easier. Hopefully, someone else can help you here. If not, you might consider opening a track with Tech Support to see whether they can help you get started.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Cynthia, you rock!

I am looking to abandon EG once the dissertation done. I am even thinking of doing the Base and Advanced certifications. Not sure how that makes me a better immunologist but I like to keep my options open. My SAS coding pretty much ends at ANOVA and some bar charts.

Thanks for your help.

Adrian.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Ah, well, then you will move from the point and click world into the world of programming if and when you start studying for the certification exams! Being multilingual is good...you'll be able to speak "immunology" and "SAS programming". That could be useful in a future career.

cynthia
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
Why abandon EG... you can write SAS code there after all. And even when I know how to write the code, there are many times I'd rather start with a task/wizard because it can be much faster than coding from scratch. 🙂
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that he would be abandoning EG. EG does allow the submission of code and using a task/wizard is way more useful than coding from scratch.

But, from the standpoint of the certification exams, he will have to understand and know the code way to do things rather than the point and click way to do things. That's what I meant...not that he would abandon EG, but he would need to learn more coding techniques for his exams.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation