BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
scify
Obsidian | Level 7

My work laptop had a hard drive failure recently, and I was issued a new one. Along with upgrading me to Windows 11, I was given an upgrade from SAS EG 7.2 to 8.3. For the most part, it's going fine, but I've got two issues that I haven't been able to find a solution for:

1) The browser-style tabs at the top of the main window that list your open, active files--is there a way to get rid of that? I've found the controls for almost everything else--I even managed to wrangle the new log setup into something I'm comfortable with--but I can't find anything that touches that, and it's both unnecessary (I use the project display, which so far serves the exact same purpose in a much more readable way), and regularly causing me to click on the wrong thing and confuse myself (ie, I go to click back to my code from the results or log display, and instead end up in an entirely different code file).

2) The behavior of the run button. My instinct, from previous versions of EG, is to use F8 to run a selected portion of code and the run button to run an entire file. But 8.3 defaults the run button to "run selected", it seems, and I haven't seen the option to change that.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The browser-style tabs in EG now align with the similar layouts in SAS Studio and the SAS Windowing Environment so I would regard that as an improvement. AFAIK, you can't configure EG 8 to look like EG 7. If you have more that one monitor you could move the Project window to your second monitor so it is separated out.

The Run button now runs either ALL of a program if you don't select a program step, or it will run just a selected step if you have one selected. To me that is miles better than having to click the run button twice to either get a "selected run" or a "run all".

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation