BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi All,

Has anyone faced below error with their SAS Clients like SAS - EG and  SAS - ITCW.

Error -

The procedure entry point ?Free@CCrypt@QAJEP@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library  SASEAM.dll

I was able to find the location for the file SASEAM.dll it's located under /SASHOME/SAS Intergration Technologies Wizard/

But could not find solution for the same or any pointers even on the sas support site.

Any help or pointer is appreciated.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In SAS Enterprise Guide, select Help->About SAS Enterprise Guide.  Click Configuration Details, then List Details.  You'll get a long report with ALL of the relevant file listing.  Here's mine scrolled to the Integration Technologies section.  Notice how all of the 9.400.x.xxxx files are the same version?  If that's not the case for you, that's a red flag.

int.png

Easiest remedy is to uninstall SAS Integration Technologies client and SAS/SECURE for Windows client.  These might not show as separate items under your Programs and Features in Windows -- re-installing SAS Enterprise Guide is sort of the sledgehammer approach, but that could work too.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This sounds like a missing or mismatched install of the SAS Integration Technologies client and SAS/SECURE client for Windows.  You might need to re-install these items from your SAS Software depot.

You can download the latest SAS Integration Technologies client from support.sas.com.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Thanks Chris for the reply! Could you please help me on how can I verify the version for these clients?

I don't see any option on the SAS ITCW Client.

Thanks for the help!

Anand!
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In SAS Enterprise Guide, select Help->About SAS Enterprise Guide.  Click Configuration Details, then List Details.  You'll get a long report with ALL of the relevant file listing.  Here's mine scrolled to the Integration Technologies section.  Notice how all of the 9.400.x.xxxx files are the same version?  If that's not the case for you, that's a red flag.

int.png

Easiest remedy is to uninstall SAS Integration Technologies client and SAS/SECURE for Windows client.  These might not show as separate items under your Programs and Features in Windows -- re-installing SAS Enterprise Guide is sort of the sledgehammer approach, but that could work too.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Thanks for the detailed info on how to get those configuration details, will verify the same and let know.

Thanks
Anand!
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Thanks Chris, re-installing SAS EG Client has worked.

Thanks
Anand!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation